My ways are not like man’s, not like yours. They are higher, deeper, broader — they are of a different realm – the realm of My Glory. Open your heart, expand your spirit to My ways. Don’t cling to man’s ways, they will always fall short of My Glory. They will always disappoint, they will never satisfy.
I have made you to know and experience My ways. No eye has seen, nor ear heard, what I have prepared for those who love Me. I made you to experience My Glory. That’s why I came, now come and receive it, come and receive Me, and experience My Glory, in you, around you and through you.
Relax, you are already reconciled to God.
“God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.” 2 Cor 5:19
The Good News:
- God is not judging you. You were already judged, the verdict was guilty, and you were sentenced to die. Jesus Christ took the punishment, so you could be set free into eternal life now, and be with Him forever.
- God is not mad at you. Jesus took the anger that was intended for you.
- God is not surprised when you fail. He knew you couldn’t live up to the 10 commandments, so He decided to step into your place as your Savior, and do it for you. (What kind of incomprehensible love is this?)
- God is not waiting for you to become righteous. When you receive Christ, you become “the righteousness of God.”
(2 Cor 5:21)
- God is not the one who is continually reminding you of your sins; in fact, He is trying to continually remind you that He no longer remembers your sins, because of what Jesus did. “For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless acts I will remember no more.” Hebrews 8:12
God is waiting for you to see that you cannot depend on yourself for anything —- not for salvation, not to be “good” enough, not to earn acceptance from God, not to obey the 10 commandments, not to become righteous, not even to love Him more. I have discovered this is a painful process, what about you?
Paul opens up the book of Ephesians with the statement that “God has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.” He spends the first three chapters on this. Paul, who wrote over half of the New Testament, spends most of his time explaining to the early Church who they were in Christ and what they had in Him.
The Christian life starts by receiving Jesus, then resting —yes, resting — in what the Father has done for you, through His precious Son, out of His unfailing love for you.
The life of the Christian begins with the discovery of what God has provided in Christ, who now lives inside of you if you have believed and received Him. Our walk, our conduct, our behavior is meant to flow out from Him…..effortlessly. “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10.
God wants us to depend on Him for everything. That was the plan — believe, receive and rest ….then, and only then, can we walk.
Would love to hear your thoughts.